SEARCH HOTELSLeave "select hotel' blank to see all
Tours on Phi Phi
Maya Bay Sleep Aboard - Formerly Maya Bay Camping
Do you want the experience of a lifetime!
Visit the beach from the movie ‘The Beach’, and then sleep out under the stars on a sleep aboard boat.
Chances are that If you visit Maya Bay during the day, you will be up against loads of day-trippers hell bent on the cliché, but if you join this tour, you will have an unforgettable experience that you will recall with a smile for the rest of your life.
You can now check availability and book directly on-line!
The trip has limited numbers with a maximum of only 20 people per night, the boat has capacity for 80 people.
The tour leaves Phi Phi Don from the pier at 3 pm and returns the next day at 10:00 am. On the way to Phi Phi Ley (weather permitting), the boat stops to see Viking Cave, followed by a snorkeling and some fresh fruit for afternoon tea. The boat arrives at Maya Bay before sunset.
If you are a strong swimmer and feeling ambitious, you can jump into the water and swim to shore, or if you prefer, you can ride to shore on a long tail boat or in a kayak.
Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and watch as the beach becomes clear of day trippers and divers. The beach becomes just yours to enjoy!
A wonderful Thai feast of Penang curry, mixed vegetables and oyster sauce and boiled rice is served. For vegetarians we cook your own special meal on the boat. The beach is set aside with lanterns, IPOD speakers, and a bar which offers drinks for sale at reasonable prices.
Take the time to connect with your fellow travellers from all over the world. Everyone gets 1 free bucket (local drinking habit consisting of Thai rum and coke), which along with some music usually gets the party started.
Around 10 pm a delicious chicken BBQ and garlic bread is served. After supper, many people choose to take a moonlight swim in the tranquil waters and play with the plankton. Around 11:00 o'clock we head back to the boat, moored 50 meters off the beach in Maya bay in high season and in Losama Bay 30 meters from the rear entrance to Maya Bay in low season.
Sleeping bags, pillows, and mattresses are provided. Most people prefer to sleep on the top deck under the starry skies as this adds to the whole experience. With no light pollution in the sky, shooting stars are plentiful.
If it does rain, we have a covered deck area as well. No mosquitoes or creepy crawlies! In the morning, wake up to a secluded beach at sunrise and head back into the beach for some morning photo opportunities. Sit on the beach all by yourself or go for a swim. Around 8:00 am we head back to the boat and serve a breakfast with coffee, tea, eggs, toast, and fruit.
After breakfast jump into the water for some more snorkeling along the caves around the bay and the small deserted beaches that are normally inaccessible. We arrive back at Phi Phi Don by 10 am, usually very tired, but very, very happy.
Included in the price:
- National Park Entry fees
- Drinking Water & Fruit
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Dinner, BBQ Supper, Breakfast
- 1 Free Bucket (Local drinking habit)
- Mattresses, Pillows & Sleeping Bags
- Secure luggage storage at our office
- Change of clothes
- Insect repellent
- Money for drinks
- 2:45 PM - Meet the rest of the group at the main pier on Phi Phi Don. Look for our boat which has a Maya Bay Sleep Aboard sign clearly visible. It will be parked at the tour boats section at the end of the main pier. Make sure you bring your receipt with you.
- 3:00 PM - Boat leaves Phi Phi Don Pier.
- 3:30 PM - Stop by the Viking Caves. (Sorry the cave is closed to visitors so we can just stop for a photo opportunity)
- 4:00 PM - Visit Phi Leh Bay for snorkelling & swimming
- 4:30 PM - Arrive at Maya Bay
- 8:00 PM - Dinner is served. Enjoy a Thai feast, then go exploring on the beach, night swimming, or enjoy meeting new people.
- 10:00 PM - BBQ supper is served.
- 11:00 PM - Head to our boat and sleep under the stars with mattresses , sleeping bags and pillows
- 7:00 AM - Head to the beach which is empty for some more photos and maybe a swim
- 8:00 AM -Enjoy a breakfast of eggs, toast, fruit, coffee and tea 9
- 9:00 AM - More snorkeling off the boat in Maya Bay. Snorkel in some caves and lay on some normally inaccessible beaches
- 10:00 AM - Arrive back at the pier on Phi Phi Don